The GAMWORKS Agency (PEA for the Gambia Pilot Program) is currently implementing several projects and delegated management service contracts for both Donor Funding Agencies and Government Institutions. The Agency therefore wishes to invite applications for the vacant position listed below to be filled by any qualified Gambian National with the required experience and qualification.
POSITION – TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Under his leadership and supervision, the Technical Director (TD), will be managing the technical portfolio of the Agency, the affairs of all technical staff and their related functions in providing the relevant expertise services required including civil works and studies in operationalizing the GAMWORKS infrastructural project and DMCs undertaken.
Key duties will include but not limited to:
- Directing and managing the processes of identification and implementation of projects and all sub-projects.
- Managing the processes of appraisal and tendering for studies and works,
- Contracts management and monitoring of consultants and contractors
- Employment creation and assessment of the physical impact of the core functions of the Agency especially on the urban environment,
- In collaboration with other directors for the performance of all functions of appraisals and tendering with strict and consistent adherence to the Agency’s Manual of Procedures.
- Detailing of the activities of his/her division, based on the statements of objectives of the Projects.
- Ultimately responsible for the fulfillment of targets of the division
- Shall liaise with the Director General on constraints as soon as they arise.
- He/she shall directly supervise all staff under the division, prepare their targets and shall report on their performance or otherwise to the Director General.
- The division shall work closely with the Finance Administration and Public Relations and communication divisions at all times during the execution of subprojects and studies contracts.
- He/she shall be responsible for the reporting on a bi-monthly basis of the activities of his/her office. However, the performance of the Technical Director shall be evaluated by the Director General.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a post graduate degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- Must have 10 years of relevant professional practice
- Must have experience in senior management position
- Experience and ability in planning and preparation of project concepts and appraisals
- Must have experience in Procurement Management, and Procedures of Development Partners
- Private sector experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in the design of elements and their supervision will be an advantage
- Must be computer literate and conversant with engineering software
- Proven experience in directing, managing and coordinating units and department work activities and achieve set targets and plans
- Must possess good interpersonal and negotiation skills in dealing with stakeholders, clients and partners
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with tact and poise
- Ability to produce reports as at when require and necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly with confidence
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage, mentor, train and build a team
The successful candidate will sign an initial one-year employment contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Expected start date is beginning of October 2021
A very attractive salary and benefits package is attached to the post
- A recent and duly signed CV
- A written application
- Anticipated salary level
- Copies of certificates
- Letter from 2 referees certifying professional work experience should be addressed to:
Kanifing Institutional Layout,
Bertil Harding Highway.
Envelopes should be clearly marked, “Application for the Vacant Position of Technical Director”.
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday August 30, 2021 at 4pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted